Walk in Flu Clinics will be on
Saturday 23rd September 2017 08.00 - 10.30 AM
Saturday 7th October 2017 08.00 - 10.30 AM
No appointments needed, if you are 65 years or older, or you are over 18 and have chronic disease such as heart, lung or kidney problems please come along.
The Nevells Road Surgery encourages patients to attend for your free flu vaccination at the Surgery as opposed to using alternative private providers. Having your flu vaccination at the surgery allows us to keep an accurate record of your vaccination and health information, offer clinical support and ensures we can provide this service year after year. Flu vaccinations are provided by the NHS and low update would affect our ability to provide this and other additional services in future years.
Please support The Nevells Road Surgery and the future of General Practice in the NHS by having your flu vaccination with your GP Surgery.
Should you have the Flu Jab
Eligble patients are all patients who are 65 or over (including those who became 65 year old by 31st March 2018, or if you have the following problems (however old your are):
- a serious heart complaint
- a chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including asthma, bronchitis and emphysema
- serious kidney disease
- lowered immunity due to disease or treatment such as steroid medication or cancer treatment
- if you have had a stroke or a transient ischemic attach (TIA)
- if you have a problem with your spleen or you have had your spleen removed
- all pregnant women
- those living in long term residential care homes or other long stay care facilities
- learning disabilities